The 3 Day Refresh program is a nice, clean jumpstart to getting back on track if you’ve been mostly on your butt, been on vacation, been eating badly for a while and need to get back into gear. If you are already eating healthy, are working out often, this program may not be for you. But it’s definitely for someone who feels like they’ve been chomping down on too much bad food and their stomach just needs a break:
3 Day Refresh + Shakeology Challenge pack: http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BCP3D160?referringRepId=38957
The exercise for people who either hate cardio, love dancing, or both. I absolutely love this workout and it’s currently rivaling Les Mills Combat for my fav Beachbody workout program ever. It’s a great and fun way to get moving regardless of how fit you currently are and what your fitness goals happen to be.
Cize + Shakeology challenge pack: http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BCPCZ160?referringRepId=38957
Cize + 3 Day Refresh + Shakeology challenge pack, AKA the “I need my butt kicked and I want it now” deal: http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BCPCZ3DR205?referringRepId=38957
And for a VERY VERY limited time only (I understand that the discount only goes until August 12th):
Imagine a workout plan that comes with an easy to use, intuitive way to eat that doesn’t count calories, doesn’t worry about macros, and doesn’t deprive you of your favorite foods. Chocolate is allowed! I especially love this plan because it teaches all about portion control over deprivation, starvation, and restrictive eating habits which are unsustainable, difficult to maintain in the long term, and ultimately Do Not Work.
The 21 Day Fix comes with color coded containers for different foods and portion sizes, instructions on how to use, and workouts plus a workout schedule for you to use.
Honestly, even once this deal ends I will still recommend this challenge pack as a serious bargain for people looking to manage their fitness goals and lifestyle.
21 Day Fix + Shakeology challenge pack: http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BCP21D160?referringRepId=38957
Each fitness challenge pack comes with the following:
- A month’s supply of the Shakeology flavor of your choice (I recommend vegan chocolate, especially with either PB2 or peanut butter!)
- Entry into the August challenge group which I run in a private group on Facebook! Workout with others like yourself and get both the motivation and accountability you’re looking for
- FREE trial to club membership in Team Beachbody, which gives you unlimited streaming workouts on demand for your computer, tablet, phone, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, you name it! The regular cost is all of $2 per week. Better than Netflix. 😉
- FREE fitness coaching from me! I am certified in personal nutrition, P90X, and INSANITY, have my own story to tell, and love helping out others with their fitness goals.
- 30 day money back guarantee! Seriously, if you try this for 30 days and decide it all sucks, Beachbody will give you your money back.
I was invited to participate in Raise.com’s “Summer Fit” campaign. Summer is honestly my favorite season. I love the sun, the heat, and the opportunity to visit my favorite beaches.
I spend a good chunk of time outdoors in the summer. I love going out for morning runs, long walks into Cambridge and downtown Boston, and spending time walking along the beach.
One of the places I like to visit in the summer is Hampton Beach. The trick is to get there early enough to be able to get a parking spot. Once that’s secured, I spend much of the day walking along the beach and on the boardwalk:
I try to soak up as much vitamin D as possible–given plenty of spray on SPF 100, of course–before the winter months hit New England.
Here are my list of summer must-dos and haves:
- Sunblock! I am a fair skinned, freckled redhead. I forget sunblock and I burn VERY badly, very quickly.
- Water! You should be drinking at least half of your body weight in ounces of water daily, and in hot weather and exercise this needs to be upped.
- Electrolytes! Following the above, getting your electrolytes in is a good idea. You can buy special water for that or additives to put in your water.
- Getting outside! I go for walks during my lunch breaks at work; it gets me out of my chair and active besides.
- Morning runs! Better than caffeine and there’s just something about being outside in summer mornings which is so refreshing.
- Long walks! I hit the farmer’s markets, stores, window browse, beaches, you name it.
- Good footwear! Wearing the appropriate footwear for either walking or running is crucial.
- Fresh fruit and veggies! Take advantage of the the summer season and hit up your local farmer’s market for good, fresh produce which is good for you.
- Playlists! I take my iPod Touch wherever I go and have some great playlists to keep my energy level up.
Raise.com is a marketplace to buy and sell gift cards for all of your fitness needs. They offer branded gift cards on their site to help you with your workout purchases–whether it be for gear, clothing, footwear, or even technical gadgets. Go check them out!
Summer’s here, and it’s grilling time!
Here are some tips to eating healthy at cookouts:
- Swap out mayo for a combo of red wine vinegar and olive oil with pepper and/or mustard.
- Stick to lean sources of high protein! Veggie burgers are great for this.
- I swear by grilled pineapple or avocado. Try it.
- Avoid creamy dressings on salads, and fill up on raw or grilled veggies instead.
- Ditch the butter for other seasonings on your corn on the cob. I have one source that swears by lime juice, I’ll have to try it sometime.
- Fresh soups like gazpacho are perfect for summer outings!
- Fruit is good, especially low sugar fruit. Nosh on berries!
- Ditch the chips for chopped veggies and low fat dip instead. Also, kale chips or pickles!
- Be careful on summer drinks and alcohol! It can turn into high volumes of calories for little nutritional benefit very fast.
- If you indulge, do so in moderation.
- Have fun! And don’t forget your sunblock. 🙂
Want more nutritional tips and help with your fitness goals? Let me be your fitness coach!
How would you like to take part in a clean eating challenge?
For 30 days, you would be able to do the following:
- Take part in a small, private Facebook group with others like you who are looking for both motivation and accountability
- Drink Shakeology for either one of your meals, or as a snack daily
- Make smart substitutions versus drastic, unsustainable changes
- Find new ways to eat healthier on a budget
- Learn how to eat well in a busy world and schedule
- Change your life!
Joining Team Happy and Healthy is easy! By purchasing Shakeology from me and adding me as a Facebook friend, you are automatically invited to take part. No matter what your fitness and wellness goals are, this is a great chance to gain control over your health.
This is NOT a diet. This will NOT be about starving yourself, but about feeling great and gaining health.
Americans have Independence Day off soon (4th of July), and as an American I’ll be happily joining them to spend time with my family. This is traditionally a time for BBQs, potato salads, potato chips, fries, fried food, desserts, alcohol, and all sorts of food which we probably shouldn’t be eating.
Never fear, I’m here to help! 😀
You have a few options to choose from. Pick one, some, or all:
- Only eat healthy food. Make something you know you can eat and bring it with you to whatever event you’re attending in order to share. Make a tasty but healthy Shakeology smoothie so you can fill up on protein and fruit!
- Fill up on any healthy salad (greens, no creamy dressings, etc), fruit, and other veggies so you don’t eat too much junk while there.
- Make substitutions. Whole wheat pasta salad with a homemade dressing such as lemon, garlic, and olive oil (in moderation) with LOTS of chopped veggies is tasty, simple, and healthy! If you need some oil-free salad dressing recipes, I recommend Happy Herbivore. Oils, as I’ve ranted about before, have absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever. You’re better off saving the calories for consuming tasty beer or wine for the 140+ calories anyhow. 😉 I recommend light beers and for wines, dry reds or a dry white. Dry wines have less sugar content.
- Eat healthy grill options. Grilled pineapple, veggie kababs, even certain veggie burgers (watch for sodium and fat!) are good, tasty, and healthy. I love grilling portabello mushrooms with red peppers and onions!
- If you indulge, do so in moderation and use the above tips to prevent from going too crazy. That way you don’t feel deprived and you ENJOY YOURSELF. Because, after all, this IS a holiday.
I like to do a combination of the above. 🙂 So have fun, wear plenty of sunblock, and remember that even if you DO go overboard not to beat yourself up over it! One day of eating salads doesn’t make you lose weight and one day of bad eating won’t make you gain twenty pounds. It’s called moderation. 🙂