Healthy cookout and BBQ tips!
Summer’s here, and it’s grilling time!
Here are some tips to eating healthy at cookouts:
- Swap out mayo for a combo of red wine vinegar and olive oil with pepper and/or mustard.
- Stick to lean sources of high protein! Veggie burgers are great for this.
- I swear by grilled pineapple or avocado. Try it.
- Avoid creamy dressings on salads, and fill up on raw or grilled veggies instead.
- Ditch the butter for other seasonings on your corn on the cob. I have one source that swears by lime juice, I’ll have to try it sometime.
- Fresh soups like gazpacho are perfect for summer outings!
- Fruit is good, especially low sugar fruit. Nosh on berries!
- Ditch the chips for chopped veggies and low fat dip instead. Also, kale chips or pickles!
- Be careful on summer drinks and alcohol! It can turn into high volumes of calories for little nutritional benefit very fast.
- If you indulge, do so in moderation.
- Have fun! And don’t forget your sunblock. 🙂
Want more nutritional tips and help with your fitness goals? Let me be your fitness coach!