Monthly Archives: July 2014
The program description for Brazil Butt Lift goes as follows:
Leandro Carvalho, trainer to world-famous supermodels, combines Brazilian dance, cardio, and his own signature lower-body sculpting moves to lift, firm, and shape your behind for a rear view you’ve always dreamed about.
Blah, blah, blah. Basically all you need to know about this program is the following:
- It got me into shape for the Insanity workout. That workout is NO joke. It lives up to its name. I stared at the box in awe for months before I finally did the fit test. I did the full 60 days and could NOT have done it without doing at least a full round of BBL.
- BBL is FUN. It’s a combination of dance, strength training, stretching, cardio, and just plain awesome.
- Leandro Carvalho is wonderful. I’ve had the opportunity to workout with him live at a few different coach summits, and he is basically a super fun guy with a ton of energy who genuinely loves what he does, and his enthusiasm is infectious. He has a few moments which cracked me up while doing the workout–thankfully while I was already on the floor. 🙂
- It’s as intense and impactful of a workout as you want to make it.
- It’s one of my favorite Beachbody workouts.
- See the preview video!
- It’s on sale. 😀
Brazil Butt Lift base: http://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BrazilButtLift?referringRepId=38957
Brazil Butt Lift deluxe: http://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BBLDeluxe?referringRepId=38957
Brazil Butt Lift supreme: http://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BBLSupreme?referringRepId=38957
Brazil Butt Lift challenge pack: http://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BCPBBL160?referringRepId=38957
There are THREE challenge pack specials for the month of July, and they end TODAY! All of them come with a month’s supply of Shakeology in your choice of flavor, and bag vs packets, and a super saver discount on the bundled package.
I have fitness challenges going for both PiYo and 3 Day Refresh, so a purchase of either will get you into my challenge group! Come join others like you on the road to Team Happy and Healthy!
Superstar trainer Chalene Johnson will help you get an ultra-lean and intensely defined physique—without bulking up or straining your joints. Using your own body weight, you’ll carve every muscle. It’s low impact, yet high intensity. No weights. No jumps. Just hardcore results.
Buy PiYo on its own, and get free s/h! Limited time only:
More information about PiYo here!
Lose weight and kick-start healthier eating habits in just 3 days with the 3-Day Refresh. This program is designed to fast track your weight loss by detoxifying and cleansing your system while helping you break bad eating habits. In just 3 days you’ll feel lighter and healthier, without starving.
More information about 3 Day Refresh here!
It’s been published a lot lately that the longer you spend sitting down during your day, the more years are being taken off of your life. While this sounds utterly morbid and depressing, it’s not entirely out of your control.
A lot of us work 9-5 jobs sitting at desks, but we don’t all have to suffer from unnecessary weight gain and health issues as a result. Exercise and fitness is something a lot of people put off. In Stephen R Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, he breaks up daily tasks into different quadrants: urgent and important, urgent and not important, not urgent but important, and neither urgent nor important.
Exercise falls into quadrant two, “not urgent but important”. If you spend more time dealing with tasks that fit this category, you can prevent them from turning into “urgent and important” later. This should be common sense, but often times people confuse what is not important but urgent with what is important but not urgent. I highly recommend this book; it’s one of the best ones out there for getting your life into gear not matter what the topic.
“I don’t have time to workout.”
“I don’t have time at work to get up and stretch.”
“I don’t have time to eat healthy.”
…yes, yes, you do.
Here are my suggestions to combat the 9-5 “desk death”:
- Get your clean eating habits in gear. Too many offices surround themselves with junk food, and often the trap becomes that food is social. You don’t have to not be social, just be mindful of what you’re putting into your body.
- Get up and walk around whenever you can. Grab water, grab tea. Will it mean more bathroom trips? Sure, but it beats not moving around much of the day and if you wear a Fitbit or Bodymedia device you WILL see the difference. When you walk, you burn 4-5 times more calories than sitting. When you stand, you burn twice as much as when sitting.
- Do office workouts. There are lots of exercises you can do at your desk.
- Go out for walks during your lunch break. Try to organize walks with other co-workers, if you can.
- Stretch. Many of us have bad backs due to being slumped over at a keyboard all the time. Exercising and stretching has helped mine, and I am often working at my stiff neck and shoulders to prevent injury.
- Park further away from the office and walk. Take public transportation whenever possible to maximize walking versus driving.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Get creative! Do squats in the bathroom stall. I do them, no joke!
And that’s the key–prevention. Too often people wait until there’s a visible sign of a problem in order to do something about their health. Fitting into clothing is one thing, but injuries and illnesses are another. Join up with Team Happy and Healthy and beat the 9-5 “desk death”!
Need additional help with your goals? Free fitness coaching is just a click away.
We all lead busy lives, most of us running around in the morning trying to get ready for work feeding pets, kids, selves, getting dressed, maybe squeezing in a workout, a shower…it all adds up. I’ve found that the best way to eat healthy on a regular basis AND save time is to have containers of food prepped that I can grab, mix and match, and have an instant meal. It also saves me time and money. Examples:
- Salads bagged or in plastic containers. I get Olivia’s Organic Spring Mix with Herbs and put a paper towel on the bottom and around the lettuce so it stays fresh longer. I grab it and add it to sandwiches, wraps, or make side salads.
- Bags of shredded carrots. Makes for extra flavor in wraps, sandwiches, and salads.
- Sliced cucumbers! Great snacks, additions to salads and wraps, just grab and go. Same with carrots and celery.
- Lean proteins cooked in advance and in tupperware containers or plastic baggies. I do this for veggie burgers, baked tofu, etc.
- Cook foods like brown rice and quinoa in bulk, then add to meals later.
- If you have a slow cooker, take advantage and make all sorts of soups, stews, etc.
- For quick snacks on the go, smoothies, meal replacement and protein drinks are great! Just be mindful that not all protein powders and meal supplements are created equal, and a lot of them have unhealthy junk and fillers. Of all of them, my favorites and by far the healthiest are Shakeology, Vega, and Plant Fusion. I use a shaker cup and some chocolate vegan Shakeology, and instantly I get my chocolate fix too. 🙂
- Consider buying containers that are pre-measured so you know how many servings of any one item is in any container. This is especially good for calorically dense foods such as quinoa, brown rice, potatoes, beans, lentils, etc. I purchased some on OpenSky recently.
- Buy special containers for soups and salads. This container is in my collection and I also recommend this one.
- Embrace leftovers! They make for great lunches later, dinners too.
Need additional help with your fitness goals? I’m just a click away.
Summer’s here, and it’s grilling time!
Here are some tips to eating healthy at cookouts:
- Swap out mayo for a combo of red wine vinegar and olive oil with pepper and/or mustard.
- Stick to lean sources of high protein! Veggie burgers are great for this.
- I swear by grilled pineapple or avocado. Try it.
- Avoid creamy dressings on salads, and fill up on raw or grilled veggies instead.
- Ditch the butter for other seasonings on your corn on the cob. I have one source that swears by lime juice, I’ll have to try it sometime.
- Fresh soups like gazpacho are perfect for summer outings!
- Fruit is good, especially low sugar fruit. Nosh on berries!
- Ditch the chips for chopped veggies and low fat dip instead. Also, kale chips or pickles!
- Be careful on summer drinks and alcohol! It can turn into high volumes of calories for little nutritional benefit very fast.
- If you indulge, do so in moderation.
- Have fun! And don’t forget your sunblock. 🙂
Want more nutritional tips and help with your fitness goals? Let me be your fitness coach!