Category Archives: Shakeology
The ideal for ANY fitness and health goal is to eat as little processed food as possible, or aim for minimally processed. I’ve had a larger challenge than usual in this in recent times: I am currently (but temporarily) working a seven day week. My hours on the weekends are LONG. I have had to fit my workouts where and when I can, but of course I don’t have much time (or any time) for cooking.
So what’s a health nut to do?
Time is the biggest lament, and I’m glad that I’ve had the chance to “test run” this scenario, as I often get a LOT of clients who have careers, kids, often multiple jobs, and very little time to do much of anything. Convenience foods, take out, ordering in…and bad habits and food choices can happen.
Here are my tips for how to cope with making smart choices:
- For frozen meals, look for entries that have a reasonable amount of sodium. I would aim for 600 mg or less. I only pay attention to sodium, total fat, and total calories. I pretty much ignore the rest. The best options I’ve found are from Amy’s in both low sodium and Light & Lean.
- For pre-prepared foods, I highly recommend Ezekiel 4:9 bread, Engine 2 brand foods (sold exclusively at Whole Foods), and bagged salads/lettuce mixes. Engine 2 has no added oils or any sort of crap; their hummus and veggie burgers are my staple.
- Bento boxes! Toss in the bagged salad mixes, cook your veggie burgers and take them to work with some hummus, etc.
- Meal bars are fab, but you HAVE to watch the sugar content on those. They can be brutal. My favs are Vega One, Luna, and Cliff Builder bars. NuGo is also organic and very good.
- Smoothies are king. They have been my breakfast food for YEARS because they are fast, healthy, and nutritionally dense. I highly recommend giving Shakeology a try as it is nutritionally dense, all natural, no added sugars beyond what comes from the fruit, and is the best bang for your nutritional buck. It beats the crap out of Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, or McD’s ANY day and cost about as much if not less. Toss in your favorite form of milk and/or fruit and you’re good to go. While my blender is going, I toss in what I need for my lunch into my bento boxes, which go into my lunch bag.
If you want to give some Shakeology samples a try, contact me! I sell them for $5 a piece plus s/h.
Americans have Independence Day off soon (4th of July), and as an American I’ll be happily joining them to spend time with my family. This is traditionally a time for BBQs, potato salads, potato chips, fries, fried food, desserts, alcohol, and all sorts of food which we probably shouldn’t be eating.
Never fear, I’m here to help!
You have a few options to choose from. Pick one, some, or all:
- Only eat healthy food. Make something you know you can eat and bring it with you to whatever event you’re attending in order to share. Make a tasty but healthy Shakeology smoothie so you can fill up on protein and fruit!
- Fill up on any healthy salad (greens, no creamy dressings, etc), fruit, and other veggies so you don’t eat too much junk while there.
- Make substitutions. Whole wheat pasta salad with a homemade dressing such as lemon, garlic, and olive oil (in moderation) with LOTS of chopped veggies is tasty, simple, and healthy! If you need some oil-free salad dressing recipes, I recommend Happy Herbivore. Oils, as I’ve ranted about before, have absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever. You’re better off saving the calories for consuming tasty beer or wine for the 140+ calories anyhow. I recommend light beers and for wines, dry reds or a dry white. Dry wines have less sugar content.
- Eat healthy grill options. Grilled pineapple, veggie kababs, even certain veggie burgers (watch for sodium and fat!) are good, tasty, and healthy. I love grilling portabello mushrooms with red peppers and onions!
- If you indulge, do so in moderation and use the above tips to prevent from going too crazy. That way you don’t feel deprived and you ENJOY YOURSELF. Because, after all, this IS a holiday.
I like to do a combination of the above. So have fun, wear plenty of sunblock, and remember that even if you DO go overboard not to beat yourself up over it! One day of eating salads doesn’t make you lose weight and one day of bad eating won’t make you gain twenty pounds. It’s called moderation.
Okay folks, this is it…for the month of March, Beachbody is marking down some of its challenge packs, including the following:
- Ultimate Reset
- Hip Hop Abs
These challenge packs include the workout program itself, a 30 day supply of Shakeology in your choice of flavor and packaging (packets or bag), and a free 30 day trial club membership to Team Beachbody, including all of the nifty tools it comes with!
Plus…free shipping! And if you’re nervous about trying any of these things, it’s all backed with a 30 day money back guarantee.
Now…ordinarily to sign as a coach at Beachbody there’s an initial fee of $40. If you buy a challenge pack, coach signup is FREE! Not only that, but being a coach gives you a 25% discount not only off of your Shakeology but everything else Beachbody has to offer, including all of its workout programs, supplements, equipment, and more. Getting a challenge pack when you sign on as a new coach is the best bang for your buck, and I can’t recommend it enough. I wish that they had these packs when I came on board!
Signing on as a coach to Beachbody is an awesome thing, easily one of the best decisions I ever made for myself. I love helping others get happy and healthy, my coach discount, and making commission on programs like Insanity, P90X, and supplements like Shakeology. It’s no secret that if you get paid for doing what you love, you never have to work a day in your life.
The economy is still on shaky ground, and it’s not a bad thing to have something you can earn an additional income off of in your spare time. You don’t need to be an expert on fitness. You don’t even need to have done one of these programs before–although it helps! All you need is a willingness to support others on the journey and with any luck, be inspired yourself towards your own fitness goals. And you have an awesome tool to help you get started…me! I’ve been a coach for the past three years, and I can give you everything you need to know about where to begin and I will be here to support you every step of the way!
If you have any questions, contact me!
Otherwise, you can sign up as a coach here and buy your challenge pack. Don’t wait for too long; the sale only lasts as long as March does!
Starting the day off right, with my kitty Squee and some chocolate vegan Shakeology.
My personal recipe is one scoop of the chocolate vegan, 2 TB of Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa, 2/3 cup frozen strawberries, and 1/4 cup frozen raspberries. Tastes like dessert and it’s all of 230 calories!
My breakfast is a liquid one for a number of reasons:
- It’s fast. I frequently don’t have much time in the morning before work, and this is the fastest way I can get my nutrition. Chocolate vegan Shakeology has 170 calories, 16g of protein, 5g of fiber and is packed with probiotics, prebiotics, and digestive enzymes with only 3g of fat. Plus, it gives me my chocolate fix. Good start for my day!
- It packs enough calories in as little as possible while being healthy and nutritious. My stomach’s not awake at this hour either, and it’s rare that I wake up hungry. But I need my fuel! This gives me the fuel I need even if my appetite in the morning is lacking.
- It hydrates me, which is beautiful because in the mornings I frequently wake up mildly dehydrated. I often find that people think they aren’t morning people and wonder why they’re groggy, tired, spacey, can’t think straight, etc. Reach for the water versus the caffeine; those are signs you could be dehydrated.
- It’s tasty! Omnomnom.
To learn more about Shakeology, go to my site at http://shakeit.TeaAddictedGeek.com/
The awesome deal on challenge packs will only be around for two more weeks!
If you’re looking to try a new fitness program and also want to improve your diet and nutrition, for only $14.95 you can try out both for a free thirty day trial! You’ll also get free fitness coaching from me, and if you choose the P90X pack you’ll be getting fitness help and tips from a certified P90X trainer!
The deal ends on July 31st, so if you’re thinking about it now’s the time to jump on board!
To learn more, go here.