Author Archives: Andrea Berman
Since I started this blog, this has been a combination business/personal blog devoted to my thoughts and feelings on fitness, health, geek related topics, veganism, and other assorted things. While it has links and posts related to my fitness coaching, it hasn’t strictly been about my business–and I prefer it that way.
Along the way, I knew I’d have to come up with a business name and get myself more “official”, and it’s been a slow but thoughtful process. Many names and ideas were contemplated, debated…but I came up with what I felt really sums up my approach and philosophy.
So now I present to you…Alchemy Balance Coaching.
Why Alchemy Balance Coaching? Alchemy is the process of transforming a base into a refined substance, and it accurately describes (in my opinion) the physical and mental process one undergoes on their fitness journey. You are transforming yourself from the inside out. The “balance” part speaks to the idea of keeping your worlds: mental, physical, and emotional/spiritual in harmony in order to become and stay happy and healthy.
The site for my business is a work-in-progress, but here it is:
Feel free to stop by and learn the ABCs of living a happy and healthy life!
Call it fun, call it good for the ego…or whatever:
Support a tea-addicted geek? I’d love to be a fitness model someday!
Okay folks, this is it…for the month of March, Beachbody is marking down some of its challenge packs, including the following:
- Ultimate Reset
- Hip Hop Abs
These challenge packs include the workout program itself, a 30 day supply of Shakeology in your choice of flavor and packaging (packets or bag), and a free 30 day trial club membership to Team Beachbody, including all of the nifty tools it comes with!
Plus…free shipping! And if you’re nervous about trying any of these things, it’s all backed with a 30 day money back guarantee.
Now…ordinarily to sign as a coach at Beachbody there’s an initial fee of $40. If you buy a challenge pack, coach signup is FREE! Not only that, but being a coach gives you a 25% discount not only off of your Shakeology but everything else Beachbody has to offer, including all of its workout programs, supplements, equipment, and more. Getting a challenge pack when you sign on as a new coach is the best bang for your buck, and I can’t recommend it enough. I wish that they had these packs when I came on board!
Signing on as a coach to Beachbody is an awesome thing, easily one of the best decisions I ever made for myself. I love helping others get happy and healthy, my coach discount, and making commission on programs like Insanity, P90X, and supplements like Shakeology. It’s no secret that if you get paid for doing what you love, you never have to work a day in your life.
The economy is still on shaky ground, and it’s not a bad thing to have something you can earn an additional income off of in your spare time. You don’t need to be an expert on fitness. You don’t even need to have done one of these programs before–although it helps! All you need is a willingness to support others on the journey and with any luck, be inspired yourself towards your own fitness goals. And you have an awesome tool to help you get started…me! I’ve been a coach for the past three years, and I can give you everything you need to know about where to begin and I will be here to support you every step of the way!
If you have any questions, contact me!
Otherwise, you can sign up as a coach here and buy your challenge pack. Don’t wait for too long; the sale only lasts as long as March does!
It’s that time again, and summer is almost here…so I’m starting another fitness challenge group! We will start Monday, April 1.
1) You must either be doing a Beachbody program (if you don’t have one, you’ll have to buy one through me) and/or Shakeology. There are ways you can get discounts on this, including bundled packages, but only if you buy it from my site! You can access it here: http://www.BeachbodyCoach.com/TeaAddictedGeek
There’s also a huge sale going on right now for certain challenge pack bundles, and although it’s not on this image, Ultimate Reset is among them:
2) We will have a small, private group on Facebook where we can post what we’re doing daily for accountability and motivation.
3) It will last for 90 days. If your program is a 60 day program, you can either repeat it or do a different program. It’s up to you!
If you want in and/or need more information to decide, either message me on Facebook or if it’s easier, email me at andrea@FitGeekFitness.com. My Facebook profile is http://www.facebook.com/AndreaBerman.
I get asked for tips on veganism a LOT, usually from beginners and/or people interested in eating healthy, vegan meals. As a result, I think compiling them into a single blog post would be useful, or so I hope!
- Do NOT treat eating a plant-based diet as an elimination diet, AKA what you used to eat minus the animal products. It will NOT work. You will have to completely revamp your paradigm of what constitutes as as meal. Anything else will run you into problems.
- Read, research, and experiment. Pick up cooking books, read blogs by other vegans, find out what they eat.
- Learn how to read labels. Dairy is sneaky, and you’ll find that when it comes to prepackaged foods they’ll like to slip in weird crap.
- Eat clean. Don’t be a “carb-an” and subsist mostly on bread, pasta, and rice. Fresh fruits, veggies, whole grains, beans and legumes, non-GMO soy products, should all be awesome. If you have food intolerances to soy and/or gluten, give food like quinoa, lentils, and beans a shot.
- Don’t be afraid to screw up. Inevitably you’ll accidentally buy something that has honey in it, lactose, whey, whatever. Learn from it and move on.
- If you have a favorite food or recipe that isn’t vegan, find a fun way to “veganize” it! And don’t be afraid to give faux meats and faux dairy products a try. My personal favorites are from Gardein and Daiya respectively.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions! It’s part of the learning process.
Hope this helps!