Summer’s here, and it’s grilling time!
Here are some tips to eating healthy at cookouts:
- Swap out mayo for a combo of red wine vinegar and olive oil with pepper and/or mustard.
- Stick to lean sources of high protein! Veggie burgers are great for this.
- I swear by grilled pineapple or avocado. Try it.
- Avoid creamy dressings on salads, and fill up on raw or grilled veggies instead.
- Ditch the butter for other seasonings on your corn on the cob. I have one source that swears by lime juice, I’ll have to try it sometime.
- Fresh soups like gazpacho are perfect for summer outings!
- Fruit is good, especially low sugar fruit. Nosh on berries!
- Ditch the chips for chopped veggies and low fat dip instead. Also, kale chips or pickles!
- Be careful on summer drinks and alcohol! It can turn into high volumes of calories for little nutritional benefit very fast.
- If you indulge, do so in moderation.
- Have fun! And don’t forget your sunblock.
Want more nutritional tips and help with your fitness goals? Let me be your fitness coach!
These deals are BEASTLY!
Seriously, 50-70% off of ALL Body Beast packages and products! Do NOT count on these deals lasting, I have no idea when they’ll be taken down and I don’t expect this sale to go on long. If I get a firm date, I’ll update this post.
In the meantime, here’s a great blurb on the program:
MAN UP. HULK UP. IN JUST 90 DAYS.
Pack on up to 20 pounds of muscle in 90 days with Body Beast™. Created by renowned bodybuilder Sagi Kalev, it uses breakthrough sports science to get you big, while cutting fat to carve your physique like no other home training system—ever. Sagi pushes you to the edge to get you pumped out of your mind. With his help, you’ll learn how to train, eat, and live like a Beast.
Pack on up to 20 pounds of muscle in 90 days with Body Beast™. With this complete system designed to build a massive physique.
Exclusive offer! Get the bonus Lucky 7 DVD, a full-body workout to accelerate your results, when you order Body Beast on Team Beachbody®. A $19.95 value—yours FREE!
Also, there WILL be a fitness challenge group for this program! To qualify, do the following:
- Buy the program from me
- Add me on Facebook
Body Beast base package: http://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BeastBase?referringRepId=38957
Body Beast deluxe package: http://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BeastDeluxe?referringRepId=38957
Body Beast ultimate package: http://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BeastUltimate?referringRepId=38957
Body Beast Challenge Pack (with supplements): http://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BCPBE220?referringRepId=38957
Body Beast Challenge Pack (with Shakeology): http://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BCPBE220?referringRepId=38957
There are THREE challenge pack specials for the month of July, and they end in a week! All of them come with a month’s supply of Shakeology in your choice of flavor, and bag vs packets.
I have fitness challenges going for both PiYo and 3 Day Refresh, so a purchase of either will get you into my challenge group! Come join others like you on the road to Team Happy and Healthy!
More information about PiYo here!
More information about 3 Day Refresh here!
How do I lose weight?
Why is my scale stuck?
Diets mean starving, I don’t want to diet!
The only way to lose weight is to go hungry.
If I eat more than 1,000 calories, I gain weight!
I’ve heard all of these in some combination or another, but did you know that undereating can cause you to hold onto fat as much as overeating can cause you to gain weight?
Ideally for fat and weight loss, you want to be in a calorie deficit. That is, you want to burn more calories than you’re eating. This is a precious balance, because we don’t want to eat too many and we don’t want to eat too few. Any deficit of 1,000 or more every day sustained over time can actually cause your body to go into starvation mode and kill your metabolism. And we don’t want to kill your metabolism!
What you want to do is this: move more and eat less junk. By junk, I mean overly processed foods, foods which are high in sodium, foods which are fried, foods which contain refined sugar, etc.
The best way to get in gear is to increase your level of physical activity and do food swaps:
- Bag of chips? Try celery and hummus instead.
- French fries? Slice and bake a potato. Doesn’t have to be a sweet potato; all potatoes are good so long as they’re not fried in a ton of oil and/or butter.
- Cheese and dairy freak? Cut back and/or make substitutions. Also, non-dairy cheese isn’t necessarily healthier. I know of someone who had a nearly impossible gut to lose until he started eating significantly less dairy products and began to eat leaner versions of the high protein sources he normally ate. Tony Horton rants about this too, and he is right!
- Swap hummus for cheese, avocado for mayo.
- Decrease all sources of refined sugars and/or eliminate them entirely: white pasta, white breads, white rice, baked goods, etc. Stick with whole grains and in moderation.
- Increase the amount of veggies you eat, especially fresh ones.
- If you are a meat-eater, replace about 25-50% of the meat you eat with vegetable sources of protein. They are not only leaner and lacking in cholesterol, but unlike animal products they contain fiber and will fill you up faster.
- Go easy on oils, nuts, and seeds. They are very healthy in moderation; however they are calorically dense and can add up fast!
- Drink more water. If you like tea, drink more eat–especially green tea.
- Consider drinking coffee black if you’re used to having it with some form of milk and sugar. If you have a lot of it, that too can add up–it is not calorie free.
As a general rule you want to save your calories for that which is higher in nutritional density. Much of the problem with junk food is that it’s high in calories but low in nutrition. Eat smarter and you won’t have to starve in order lose weight, move more and you don’t have to worry as much about eating less as much as eating right. Problem solved!
Need more tips? Looking for accountability and motivation with your fitness goals? Help is a click away!
I am currently running three fitness challenges, two of which contain programs which are on sale until the end of July:
#1: PiYo challenge (on sale until end of July!)
#2: 3 Day Refresh challenge (on sale until end of July!)
Which one is best for you will depend on your individual fitness goals. The PiYo challenge is 60 days, the 3 Day Refresh is 3 days (really? ha), and the clean eating challenge lasts a month. You may want to give the 3 Day Refresh a go first then try the clean eating, or be in both PiYo and the clean eating…any combination you like, it’s up to you!
Interested? Here’s the step by step process:
- Contact me! I’m available via email or Facebook.
- Get one of the programs from me! The links to do so are above for each challenge. You can also contact me and get the links directly.
- Add me to your Facebook.
It’s that simple! Once I have you as a Facebook friend, I can add you to my small, private challenge group with others like you to help with motivation and accountability.